Novation MiniNova Synthesiser
- Free Shipping
MiniNova packs the sort of features you'd expect to find in an instrument twice the size, and sounds like one double the price. Whether you're a music production novice taking your first steps in synthesis, the keyboard player in a band looking for a sturdy, road-worthy instrument, or an experienced sound designer after a pro-quality portable addition to your existing arsenal, Novation's backpack-sized beast more than delivers.
This larger-than-life USB bus-powered, 18-voice polyphonic micro synth features three oscillators and one noise generator per voice; 14 filter types; 12-band vocoder with VocalTune; 6 envelope generators; 3 LFOs; 20 modulation assignment slots; 5 simultaneous effects; with Mac/PC Editor Plug-in and Patch Librarian.
Big Sound, small synthesizer
Built on the UltraNova sound engine, MiniNova has more polyphony, filter types, effects and modulation than any other synthesizer in its class. Furthermore, through USB bus-powered, you can easily hook it into your computer-based setup without a mess of cables getting in the way. Every sound is mix-ready straight out of the box, but each can be subtly tweaked or warped beyond recognition via the 24 synthesizer parameters immediately accessible from the front panel.
Each of the three oscillators (per voice) draws on14 analogue waveforms, 20 digital waveforms and 36 wavetables, and features density/detune (for fattening), virtual sync (for punchy attacks) and 'hardness' (an additional low-pass filter). Two filters are available per patch, offering a choice of 14 low-/high-/band-pass types at roll-off slopes from 6-24dB/octave; and up to five effects can be applied simultaneously, including distortion, reverb, chorus/phase, delay, compressor, EQ and Novation's unique Gator effect. From dirty-fat basses and soaring leads to lush pads, spiky arps and vintage analogue-style tones, MiniNova brings all the character, power and versatility you'd expect from a full-size synth in a tough, compact 37 mini-key instrument.
Find Your Sound Fast
MiniNova comes with 256 killer sounds onboard, space to save another 128 of your own, and an easy-to-use Patch Librarian for storing and loading any number of patches to and from your computer.
Sounds can be searched by style and type, making short work of finding that perfect hip-hop bass or electro lead.
New, free soundpacks for MiniNova are regularly released by Novation, created in collaboration with renowned artists and sound designers including Daniel Fisher, Chuckie and Dino Soldo.
Create Unique Vocals
Not content with blazing a trail as the world's most formidable micro synth, MiniNova has a microphone and vocoder built in, too - and no ordinary vocoder at that. In VocalTune mode, it automatically tunes your voice to the notes played on the keyboard.
The lyrical fireworks don't end there, as you can also run the mic signal through the effects engine. Add reverb, distortion, chorus/phaser, Gator, compression or EQ to produce truly attention-grabbing vox, or recreate iconic vocal lines.
Naturally, MiniNova's sound-sculpting toolbox isn't limited to microphone input: any external instrument can be hooked up and turned into something else altogether using the vocoder - including VocalTune mode - filters and effects.
Animate and Arpeggiate
With MiniNova in Animate mode, pressing one or more of its eight purple backlit buttons kicks in a range of sound variations, bringing even more colour options to each patch and providing a wealth of instant transformations for live performers to raise the roof with. Each button adjusts multiple parameters in real-time under the hood just the thing for injecting pads with life and movement, and serving up crazy EDM-style bass and lead lines on demand.
Switch to Arpeggiator mode and the same eight buttons are used for pattern programming, enabling you to build a rhythmic dimension directly into your MiniNova patches.
Editing Software Included
The MiniNova is fully and deeply editable directly from the hardware, of course, but for even faster, easier editing and session recall, there's MiniNova Editor: a beautifully designed plug-in for Mac and PC that gives a clear and intuitive visual overview of the synth within your DAW.
- Designed to make huge sounds, the soaring leads, lush pads and vintage sounds with up to 18 voices and powerful effects creates dirty-fat bass with an engine that was built by legend Chris Huggett
- Subtly tweak your sounds with the knobs, or completely warp them with the Animate buttons, and pitch and modulation wheels
- Efficiently search through 256 sounds by manual entry or musical genre, and save 128 more sounds of your own.
- Store and sync as many songs as you can using the editor plug-in and patch librarian or download regular free soundpacks created by eminent artists and sound designers
- The MiniNova details specific hardware and technical product information in the set up guide
- MiniNova system requirements include, Mac OS X 10.5.7 or later, Windows 7 (all versions), Windows Vista (all versions), or Windows XP SP2 or higher (all versions)
MANUFACTURER PART NUMBER
If you are not completely satisfied with one of our products, you may return it anytime within 30 days of the date of purchase for a hassle-free refund of the amount you paid for the product. Refunds do not include shipping costs. We only specify that returned product not be damaged, missing components, or manufacturer’s documentation. Any special order or non-stocking items are specifically exempted from this policy and will be assessed an appropriate restocking charge.
Interstate Music is proud to offer Free Shipping on most items with no minimum purchase. The following are the restrictions to our Free Shipping Policy:
- Certain oversized or special-order items may not qualify for free shipping.
- Free Shipping is available to the 48 contiguous United States. Alaska and Hawaii do not qualify for Free Shipping.
- Mid to Heavyweight items will ship via UPS with delivery times between one to five days depending upon destination.
- Lightweight items (13 ounces or less) will be shipped via USPS Priority Mail with a tracking number. Delivery is usually within two to five days.
Questions? Contact Customer Support here.
Other ways we can help:
|Chat:||If you see the red chat bubble at the bottom of your screen, we're ready to help.|
Novation MiniNova Synthesiser
Customers Also Viewed